How can I become a Volunteer Firefighter?

Briaroaks is always accepting applications.  An application can be downloaded from our recruiting page and turned in at any regular Tuesday meeting.  Please contact us for more information or if you have additional questions.

What kind of training is required?
Briaroaks provides the most current training to all new recruits.  Initial Fire training includes Introductory certification through the Texas State Firemen's and Fire Marshal's Association.  Initial Medical training includes certification as an Emergency Care Attendant through the Texas Department of State Health Services.  

All required training is provided by the fire department free of charge. 
Can I have a control burn?
Control burns are allowed as long as there is not a burn ban.  You must have water available and someone must be with the fire at all times.  If you are planning to have a control burn, we ask that you contact our dispatch at 817-357-8800.  They will want to know your address, name and phone number.
Do you fill swimming pools?
No, we do not fill swimming pools.
Can you fill fire extinguishers
No, we are not able to re fill extingushers

Powered By Sagentic